There are some nightmares from which you can never wake.
Dread: A Head Full of Bad Dreams is the first volume in the “Best of Grey Matter Press” series. Each of the short stories selected for inclusion in this volume were chosen by Grey Matter Press readers.
Dread is a terrifying foray into the darkest hallucinatory revelations from the minds of the most accomplished award-winning authors of our time. Includes an Introduction by Grey Matter Press editor and publisher Anthony Rivera.
Travel dark passageways and experience the alarming visions of twenty masters from the horror, fantasy, science fiction, thriller, transgressive and speculative fiction genres as they bare their souls and fill your head with a lifetime of bad dreams.
– “Housesitting” by Ray Garton
– “Angie” by John FD Taff
– “On the Threshold” by William Meikle
– “Through the Ghostlands” by Rose Blackthorn
– “Pure Blood and Evergreen” by Bracken MacLeod
– “This is not a Horror Story” by Tim Waggoner
– “Moonlighting” by Chad McKee
– “The Last Elf” by T. Fox Dunham
– “City Song” by Edward Morris and Trent Zelazny
– “Mister White” by John C. Foster
– “The Troll” by Jonathan Balog
– “Release” by Jane Brooks and Peter Whitley
– “Wormhole” by J. Daniel Stone
– “Heirloom” by Michael Laimo
– “Second Opinion” by Ray Garton
– “How to Make a Human” by Martin Rose
– “Martial Law” by JG Faherty
– “Show Me” by John FD Taff
– “Amnion” by John Everson
– “Mister Pockets” by Jonathan Maberry
Praise for Dread
“Reading Dread: A Head Full of Bad Dreams is my very first experience with the small publisher Grey Matter Press — and let me tell you, I cannot wait to read more. Dread is a solid ode to nightmares that will keep you up — and most importantly, keep you reading.” — Michelle “Izzy” Galgana, Fangoria
“This is sure to be a great addition to any horror-lover’s collection.” — Natalya Lainhart, Scream Sirens
“If you consider yourself a discerning reader of horror fiction but have yet to sample the dark delights of Grey Matter Press then you are in for a treat. This collection should be filed under essential reading. Grey Matter Press are one of the leading lights within the dark fiction genre.” — Adrian Shotbolt, The Grim Reader
Proudly presented by Grey Matter Press, the multiple Bram Stoker Award-nominated independent publisher.
Grey Matter Press: Where Dark Thoughts Thrive
There are no reviews yet.