Closeout Sale on Overstocked Grey Matter Press Horror Anthologies
CHICAGO, April 4, 2021 — It’s April and time for showers, but Grey Matter Press (GMP) is making it reign horror with a spring sale on volumes of short fiction.
The recent relaunch of the GMP Bookstore required a search of the physical archives in our office in order to dust off some of the artwork needed to reconstruct several digital assets for the online store. During that process we discovered a previously unknown paperback inventory of several anthologies.
This inventory includes quantities of books in three categories: 1.) titles whose covers have been updated since original release, 2.) a limited first pressing of one volume whose interior artwork was later slightly modified and 3.) unrecorded overstock. To make room for a bevy of new releases coming this year and into 2022, GMP is liquidating copies of these titles and offering each at a price point roughly equivalent to the cost of manufacturing.
At $5.99 per volume, every paperback included in this sale includes the same high-quality attention to detail that GMP readers expect in products from the press, as well as the complete unabridged text featured in each title’s final and/or updated counterpart version currently being sold and distributed at the much higher standard cover price.
Discounted volumes include:
- Savage Beasts [Metal Cover], an anthology of horror containing stories inspired by music and their makers that include homages to they lyrics of Trent Reznor, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd and more,
- Peel Back the Skin [First Pressing], an Amazon #1 bestseller called a “red carpet marquee of horror” by reviewer Shane Keene that features the work of a star-studded cast of top tier authors that include Jonathan Maberry, Graham Masterton, Yvonne Navarro and many more,
- Dark Visions: Volume Two, the follow-up to our premiere anthology and first Bram Stoker Award-nominated title Dark Visions: Volume One,
- Death’s Realm [Unburied Cover], an Amazon #1 horror bestseller that blurs the line between the living and the dead, featuring Stephen Graham Jones, John FD Taff, John C. Foster and more
- Equilibrium Overturned [Reaper Cover], a highly unique, sometimes experimental title whose array of work blends speculative fiction and horror into a volume that explores the tragedies of this life and the next and some that never existed,
- I Can Taste the Blood [Splatter Cover], an Amazon #1 bestseller that features five unique authors whose work consistently expands the boundaries of conventional fiction, including Josh Malerman and John FD Taff.
Discounts offered in this sale are only available at the GMP Bookstore.
Currently, our store cannot automatically process orders shipping to destinations outside the domestic United States. International customers should contact us directly.
ABOUT GREY MATTER PRESS
Grey Matter Press is a Chicago-based publisher whose mission it is to discover and cultivate the best voices working in the dark fiction genre. The company is committed to producing only the finest quality volumes of literary fiction containing exceptional tales of horror, fantasy, science fiction and speculative fiction. More information about Grey Matter Press is available at greymatterpress.com.
Grey Matter Press has been publishing exceptional dark psychological fiction for nearly a decade. Established in 2012 with a focus on producing only the highest quality volumes, work from our Chicago-based independent press has been embraced by readers and lauded by critics worldwide.
Numerous Grey Matter Press full-length titles—as well as short fiction contributed to our anthologies and single-author collections—have been honored for their literary excellence by distinguished international professional organizations, including some of the most influential publishing thought leaders in our industry: the Bram Stoker Award and Aurealis Award juries. Our books have been recognized by—and our authors and editors featured in—an array of global entertainment media outlets that include Rue Morgue, Fangoria, Booked, This is Horror, Ink Heist and more.
Now, almost ten years later, we remain committed to publishing extraordinary volumes of outstanding fiction that highlight the limitless imagination of authors creating their own histories in the suspense thriller, crime noir, dark fantasy, literary fiction, modern horror, and speculative genres.